How It Works
Who We Are:
100+ Women Who Care Washtenaw County is an organization whose goal is to increase awareness of local charitable opportunities non-profit agencies located right here in Washtenaw County. Each member agrees to donate $100, twice a year, to guide our vision of nonprofit support. We’d love to have you join our group!
How We Work:
At our bi-annual meetings, members are encouraged to submit the names of any non-profit organization in Washtenaw County. Three organizations are selected at random. The three members who submitted the names of the organizations each have a five-minute window to tell the membership why they think the organization they recommended should receive the financial support of 100+ Women Who Care. Once all three members have spoken, the group then votes by ballot to choose the recipient.
When We Meet:
We meet two times a year, in the Spring and Fall, on a Sunday.
Mingling and Networking 3:30 – 4:00 PM
Meeting 4:00 – 5:00 PM
- Each member donates $100 per chosen charity. ($200 per year)
- Donations will be given to charities/non-profits serving the Washtenaw County area. National programs will not be considered because of our mission to fund local charities.
- Only official charities/non-profits with 501(c)(3) status will be considered.
- Members who have been active for at least one year and have participated in at least two donations may put their name/proposed charity in the drawing at each meeting. Three charities will be chosen for consideration.
- Each charity may be chosen only one time in a four-year period.
- Each charity presented, but not selected, must wait two meetings to be presented again.
- All members whose names were drawn will be given five minutes to make a presentation. No representative of an organization or any other member may make the presentation in their place.
- Members unable to attend may give their check to another member who may cast their proxy vote at the meeting. A check must be submitted at the meeting by the attending member who is placing the proxy vote for the absent member. A check may not be mailed for a proxy vote.
Follow Us on FACEBOOK!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. We will get back to you as soon as possible.