Washtenaw Community College Foundation received $20K in October 2020
Washtenaw Community College Foundation
The mission of WCC Foundation is to give hope and support to Washtenaw Community College students through scholarships and other philanthropic support, creating a better educated workforce and a stronger community..
|October 2019||Trail’s Edge Camp||Jenna Rhodig||$21,601|
|May 2019||Washtenaw Families Against Narcotics||Mary Neff||$20,150|
|October 2018||Hope Dental Clinic||Cathy Pietrasiuk||$13,150|
|May 2018||NAMI of Washtenaw County||Cheryl Girvan||$12,900|
|OH||October 2017||Our House of Michigan||Dorene Markel||$11,900|
|May 2017||Safe At Home, EHM Sr. Solutions||Heather Feldkamp||$11,400|
|October 2016||Imagination Library||Pat Horne McGee||$10,700|
|May 2016||The Friends of the Washtenaw County||Hiliary King||$11,500|
|October 2015||Safe House||Debbie Green||$11,200|
|May 2015||Girls’ Group||Debbie Koch||$11,500|
|October 2014||Ozone House||Jeanne Learman||$11,400|
|April 2014||Habitat for Humanity, Huron Valley||Jeanne Learman||$10,700|
|October 2013||Arbor Hospice||Amy Catell||$9,600|
|April 2013||Ed Project of Washtenaw County||Cindy Strong||$10,400|
|October 2012||Girls Group||Mary Mostaghim||$8,900|
|April 2012||Hope Clinic||Jen Melinski||$5,500|
|October 2011||Ele’s Place||Allyson Lyons||$3,600|
• Local and based in Washtenaw County.
• Must have 501(c)(3) status in Washtenaw County.
• Charitable organizations must be able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
• Charities must be actively engaged in the community and executing their mission statement.
Know the facts:
• What is the name of the non-profit and where is it located?
• When was it founded and what is their history?
• What is the mission of the non-profit?
• Who do they serve and how do they do it?
Tell the heart story:
• What is your involvement or connection with the non-profit?
• Why does this non-profit matter to you?
• What are some differences that they make in our community?
Show them the money:
• What impact will our donation make for this non-profit?
• What will our funds be used to support?
Come prepared to educate your fellow members on a non-profit that they may have never heard of before. Know the facts, but also make it personal and tell us how much this non-profit means to you and the community members it helps.
Nominate a Charity Form
Here is a helpful form for you to complete and bring with you to the meeting if you would like to present a charity. Nominate a Charity Form to download.
Follow us on FACEBOOK!
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. We will get back to you as soon as possible.